Educators contribute to the profession.

I believe that communicating and sharing with fellow educators acts as a way to form a support network, and also to share your own learning with others. 

One way that I have contributed to this standard is by forming connections and sharing resources with other educators, and my fellow teacher candidates. One example of this is the projects I designed for Ms. Shaw’s Grade 12 students during my Educ 391 practicum.  She has continued to use the resources that I created with her guidance to give her students opportunities to advocate for social issues relevant to their community. During my time with her classes we worked on this as an Anti-Vaping project, and she has now adapted this project to focus on the  Opiod Crisis in B.C. 

A second example is sharing resources with Ms. Bellwood, a fellow teacher candidate. One specific resource that I created was The Instagram Character Profile ,which is a project that works well with most novel studies or stories. 

In the past, I have volunteered as a teaching assistant at the Two Rivers Art Gallery in Prince George. This is something I would love to continue in the future once the COVID-19 pandemic is under control.